Sunday, August 12, 2012

Something Worked!!!

I started writing this post on August 1st, but I'm not sure why I stopped. It's been over a month since I last posted. And I felt so down last month. I felt like a giant blob (which translated to me berating myself about how lazy and will-power-less and pathetic I was being.)  I knew that I needed to change something, so apparently I did.

I spent the weekend in San Antonio celebrating my youngest niece's first birthday and hanging out with family and friends. (P.S. When I weighed myself the following Monday, I was a buck sixty...damn...) I came back with determination that I don't know I've ever felt before.

I decided the path would be to try to simply eat clean. First, I cut out all sugar except honey and the occasional addition of flavored creamer to my coffee in the morning. I also decided to cut out all fast food or fried food and limit my processed carb and starch intake. I'm still working on the carb and starch thing, but the limited sugar/no fast food/fried food thing apparently was just what I needed to kickstart myself.

Results:





Current Measurements
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 151 (-6.5)
BMI: 27.7 (-1.2)
Waist: 28.75" (-1.25")
Hips: 40 (-.5")
 Body Fat Comp: 31 (-1%)
Dress Size: 10 (I think...)

Something worked :)

Although I think the most important part of this is that I feel infinitely better! Not just how I look. I feel energized and healthy and good about the stuff I am putting into my body. It's a great feeling.

But now here's my dilemma - I am kind of afraid to eat any sugary treats. I know that when I eat sugary treats, I have a major problem stopping. I have killed half jars of Nutella in one sitting more than once. Bad mojo dude. So now I am afraid that I will completely overdo it if I try to eat a treat, then I will go through the withdrawal that I dealt with the first week of this new life plan and I'll feel like a failure and then I'll eat some more and so on and so forth. Yes...I know...I am definitely an emotional eater... No bueno when I also love to cook.
My health goals for this month? Get into a habit of working out after work. And do some yoga...definitely need some yoga...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...